Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hookahs and happy things...

Ok. So, in all honesty. I smoked a hookah, for the 1st time in my life last night? It was only tobacco-no hash! The people I smoked it with, were snipers in the Israeli army?! I have NO idea why, but that totally fascinates me! They're really cool guys-Art and Stephan. There were some other really cool people hanging out, too. 

Last night, we cooked an amazing dinner. Ok, mainly Will, but I was there?! We made a 4-cheese sauce to put on top of our pasta. We cooked some chicken in mushrooms and threw it all together. Nice. Before we started dinner, we sat around talking, smoking a hookah, drinking wine, eating cheese and olives, and relaxing. There were 6 of us. Then we went out.


So far, I've learned that "traveling" is internationally translated "partying." Every once in a while, just to mix things up, sightseeing occurs? I'm in a different situation than most people. I'm basically stationed here in Rome. Most people are passing through. I'm not in any hurry to sightsee or take pics or anything like that. I've got time. That's really nice? I'm a lucky man. 

Back to they partying thing, because I know how people worry. It IS fun. Going out in Rome and seeing all of the different people is pretty intense. I'm not going out every night and getting crazy. That is too expensive and, to be honest, not my cup of tea anymore. Going out twice a week or so and having some drinks is fine. Dancing is fun, too.  

I'm learning more about a different side of me, also? It's amazing how many types of wine are grown around here! And there are so many different types of cheese...I love it. I really enjoy sitting around with Will and trying different cheeses and different types of wine. We went to a jazz bar the other night and I had one of the best wines I've ever had. 

I also think I figured out some of what jazz is trying to say to me? I always thought jazz was chaotic and about love and arguing with your significant other? It always seemed like two people taking turns yelling at each other. I hear that. But now, I', thinking jazz is about finding something? I don't know what was found, but it was a pretty big deal finding it. Interesting, perhaps only to me, but interesting? Obviously, all jazz is different? I may actually enjoy some of it? I need to hear some yazz flute...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment