Monday, June 22, 2009

Homesickness...my perspective?

So. I've been dealing with some homesickness? What do you expect from a Mamma's Boy from Missouri, eh? I have an amazing family. I have amazing friends. I'm overseas for the first time. Homesickness happens. 

I was laying in bed last night thinking about my niece, my parents, and the amazing friends I have. I almost started crying? Then, I thanked God that I have a place that is safe. I thanked Him that I have a home to miss. It seemed to make things a little easier.

I learned, through Celebrate Recovery, that life is ALL about perspective. There are so many different ways to look at the EXACT same circumstance. Because I am loved, I have a home. A safe place that has always and will always be there. I have family and friends that love me and care for me. Not everyone can say that. I GET to be in Rome because I am loved. I get to see another part of the world. I get to have somewhere to miss and call home. I am blessed. I am loved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment