Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I forget to remember...

So. Tomorrow will mark my 6th week in Rome, Italy. That's a really long time. I have a few more to go, though. I am planning on being here for at least a year. I am thinking I will probably come home at the end of next summer? But, who knows. That's a really long time away.

This has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss home. I miss a lot of things. I also MISS a lot of things. I miss them when I become too busy. When my mind is busy, or my hands are busy, or my heart is busy. I find it easy to miss life.

I'm not talking about being lazy or sedintary all the time. I'm talking about finding a tranquil place to live life. I'm talking about finding peace in the midst of the mess. My friend has a climb he calls "Pursuit of Peace." I want to get on that "problem" when I get back to MO. But I want to get on my problem of the pursuit of peace, right now.

Another friend of mine has a song, "Dark Hotel."
"Oh, Lord, give me peace.
And put my sorry singing sad ole soul at ease.
Bring me hope, I need a little, just a little."

The Lord has given me peace. He has given me hope. It's really hard for me to remember them, and cling to them everyday. It's hard for me to keep my life at the simple place of love. It's hard for me to remember that I have a safe place. It's hard for me to reside in the house of love and peace. It's where I want to be.

I want to find the things in this life that usher me into the Presence of Peace, to the Prince of Peace. I'm trying to learn, to live, and to love. I'm trying to learn to live and I'm trying to learn to love. All the while, life happens.

1 comment:

  1. continue to ask d, love ya man. a verse that has been on my mind frequently lately, james 1: 5-6.

    ReplyDelete