Saturday, July 4, 2009

Justice?

I was almost blown away today. Everday, I see gypsys. Literally. Rags and everything. Everyday, I see beggars. Literally. Almost everyday, I hear stories of thieves. I despise thieves. I think if they're caught stealing, they should lose a finger. I hate the way being robbed makes me feel. These are the ragamuffins Jesus loved.

He died a thieves' death. For the beggars, thieves, and gypsys, of which I am the worst. He died pleading forgiveness for me, a thief, beggar and a gypsy. I don't get it? How is that justice? Why did He die, so that I don't have to? Why did He suffer for me? He was innocent. On ALL charges. Innocent. And he died so I don't have to be judged? Is there justice in that perfect love?

I asked for compassion today. I asked for one drop of the kindness that my Creator has. I asked to look upon the "lowly" with the same love and kindness that my Creator looks at me. I don't give beggars money. I won't. I still have a really, really hard time with thieves. I hope I never catch anyone's hand in my pocket. I don't know how to extend grace and mercy to someone who takes from other people. I have no idea. But grace has been extended to me?

My Creator created everyone and He loves everyone just the same. I don't understand the justice in His perfect love? How? Knowing myself, and knowing all that I've done, I know I am still loved. I don't want to ask why or how anymore? I want to recieve that love with gratitude. I want to recieve that love like beggars recieve money. I want to believe that somehow, someway, Jesus' sacrifice was and is enough. That my Creator's love for me is perfect. I don't have to know how or why. I don't have to be perfect. I don't even have to be good. I can recieve His love with gratitude. And I can try, everyday, to say thanks for a love I will never understand.

I don't know where justice fits in? I don't know why I'll never "get what I deserve?" I don't know why He loved me enough to take the time to create me and this beautiful earth for me to enjoy? I just want to say thanks. I want to recieve it. I don't need to know why. I just need to be grateful that it is an eternal truth.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit..." God, grant me the humilty to know that I am nothing, but because of Your perfect love, I am something. I am Yours. Grant me the gratitude to say thanks. Thanks for creating me and for life-and all of its imperfections. Grant me the trust not to ask why, or how You love me anymore. The trust and faith to believe that You are love and I am loved. Grant me the compassion to love the unloveable. "...For theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment